Together we can make a difference
Treasury’s mission is to improve the wellbeing of the Australian people by providing sound and timely advice to the Government, based on objective and thorough analysis of options, and by assisting Treasury Ministers in the administration of their responsibilities and the implementation of Government decisions.
Applications for our 2016 Graduate Programme intake open 8:30am Thursday 5 March 2015 and close 11:30pm Monday 4 May 2015.
About the Treasury Graduate Programme
The Treasury Graduate Programme offers recent university graduates the opportunity to commence a public sector career in the Australian Government’s premier adviser on economic policy.
The Treasury is recognised as a top graduate employer by the Australian Association of Graduate Employers. We achieve this through providing the highest level of support and professional development to our graduates. In the Treasury you are a colleague, not a trainee.
Our programme offers you:
- three rotations over an 18 month programme, commencing 1 February 2016;
- an intensive and engaging development programme;
- on-the-job training with subject matter experts;
- a ‘buddy’ from a previous years’ graduate intake;
- exclusive social events with the senior executive;
- a comprehensive calendar of social events and activities; and
- support through the programme as you start your career with the Treasury.
As one of our graduates, you will have an opportunity to work in a diverse range of areas that will both engage and challenge you. Past graduates have been involved in:
- Development of the Federal Budget;
- Australia’s involvement in the G20, the OECD and the IMF;
- Aid Review and Development Banks;
- Foreign Investment and Trade Policy; and
- Corporations and Tax legislation.
Upon successful completion of the programme you will have the skills you need to embark on an exciting, satisfying career where you can affect meaningful change in the lives of Australians.
The Treasury Graduate Programme only accepts relevant degrees for our Policy Programme. View more information on the degrees we are looking for.
Please contact us at email@example.com or visit our Facebook page.
For more information on the Treasury and our work please visit the Treasury website.
The Treasury was recently ranked as one of the top Government Employers in the Top 75 Graduate Employers of Australia in a survey conducted by the Australian Association of Graduate Employers and voted for by the 2014 Graduates.