If you identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person you can apply for the Graduate Development Program – Indigenous affirmative measure.
To apply, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants must:
- meet the Graduate Development Program eligibility criteria, and
- provide confirmation of heritage prior to an offer.
Confirmation of Heritage
You can confirm your heritage through several Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and bodies, which commonly include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander land councils
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander medical service.
Types of evidence that we consider include:
- a letter signed by the Chairperson of an incorporated Indigenous organisation confirming that you are recognised as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, or
- a confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent form executed by an Indigenous organisation.
If you have any questions in relation to this, please email email@example.com.
Submit without evidence
If you do not have the required evidence prior to applications closing, you can still apply, simply attach a letter or email which outlines the steps you are taking to source your documentation.
You will have to provide documented evidence prior to an offer.
Resources to help you
If you're having trouble getting a confirmation, these resources may assist you:
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
Indigenous employment commitment
To learn more about Treasury's commitment to Indigenous employment, visit Indigenous careers.
You must submit your application through Treasury’s online careers portal before the closing date of Monday 15 April 2024.
To successfully complete your application you will need to:
- complete all online application questions
- submit your:
- recent academic transcripts
- details of 2 referees, and
- a short written response to an application question.